Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Once more, with feeling

I met this poppy in Napa. A bit of a poser, eh?
Dear five readers,
I know you thought I'd quit this blog (and for a while, I did too), but I'm still breathing over here. Not comfortably, though - a cold has turned me into a very attractive Mrs. Potato Head, bulbous nose and all. But enough about my looks! (this blog has always been more about philosophy and the dwindling economy). What have I been up to these past few months? 

1. I left my beloved Vancouver and moved to Mountain View, California. It's a long story and no, I did not get a job at Google. I did, however, get a Costco membership card from a clerk who asked me what Canadian was. As in: "What language do Canadians speak?"

2. I don't know anyone in the area so I'm lonely enough to constantly bombard my neighbors with babysitting offers. Will you lend me your baby for a few hours of human interaction? Please? Your cat then? A fern?

3. I realized being too secretive is silly (except when my best friend and I "invented" a secret alphabet to pass notes in class and dissuade my mom from reading my journal - that was vital). From now on, I will always use my real first name (ANA - what's up, fellow palindromes?) and never my last name (five stalkers are no fun). 

You stay classy, five readers. 
Ana

7 comments:

ShoesAndPursesBox said...

Welcome back!
Hope the fern-sitting business has been treating you well. I look forward to more posts :)

Jess said...

I was wondering based on all your Instragram photos if you had made the leap to this side of the border! Glad to hear you're doing well (aside from the lack of friends) and glad you're back to blogging :)

Jennifer said...

Welcome back! What do you think of California so far?

From Suns To Moons said...

Jennifer: California has exceeded all of my expectations. The only downside? New (fabulous) flora has led to new (frightful) allergies.

Monique said...

I was wondering how you were doing!!! Glad to hear all is well. Finding friends can be tough in a new city. I realized that I took this for granted in college and grade school. Ah well - cheers to you and your Costco membership!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a big move! California in my mind is like an unreal paradise. I hope you meet people soon - and enjoy the beautiful weather! (I'm sorry about the allergies - which I am also suffering from in a new city)

Angie said...

I had no idea your life has changed so much,Ana.California is on my top list to visit and the nature must have some similarities to Greek nature and climate.I'm sure you will have a good life there.Are you staying ...like for ever or for a short time?Nice to have you back.