Friday, August 19, 2011

Ana Gabbana

Dress, D&G. Cardigan, J.Crew. Necklace, street vendor. Pumps, Banana Republic.

So what's the story behind my most extravagant item of clothing by far and why don't I wear it more often? Let's just say it's made in Italy, thus a real size. It will not let me sit down, much less eat without cutting off my circulation. So if you know of any chic cocktail parties with little-to-no-food and no seating (a gallery opening, perhaps?), please let me know because the dress and I would love to go public with our relationship.

6 comments:

Steph B. said...

Yep, that (thrifted) Nanette Lepore of mine is similarly unforgiving. Silly designers. It looks great on you, though!

Mrs. J said...

It's looks wonderful on you minus the stomach cramps and lost of feeling in your legs.he he

I'm loving those pumps...I'm so late but I recently received your cute, but clever tweet..lol I had a bad phone, but now I'm all better with a Iphone.

Have a great weekend!!

Alessandra said...

Come to Milano during fashion week. You & your dress will be a big hit. You look gorgeous!

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

Heehee well if it's any consolation I have shoes that are my "sitting pretty shoes" because there is no way I can move, walk or dance in them. Plus you look beautiful in this colour combination- very elegant!

Elle said...

I love this outfit! Great colors and great shoe combo!

angie said...

Great post! It so happens that we all have a nice piece of clothing that collects dust because ...of whatever reason.I have a black lace vintage dress and nowhere to wear it!