Thursday, October 13, 2011

Elementary Mysteries

Shirt, J.Crew. Skirt, thrifted. Sunglasses, street vendor. Necklace, F21. Belt, Joe Fresh. Sandals, Geox.

In elementary school, my class did a play about the seasons - personified by fairies, aka the long-haired beauties in our class. I had a boyish haircut and a funny face so I played the chef, complete with a big pot to stir. Why was there a chef among fairies? Why was I congratulated for taking on such an "embarrassing part?" These are things that keep me up at night. 

4 comments:

Amber said...

cute gingham skirt. school plays rarely make sense so try to get some rest. :)

Jess said...

I honestly can't remember the last time a school play made sense. Even in college when we did real plays, when I thought about it enough, I always came to the realization that the plays didn't make sense. Fortunately this outfit makes a lot of sense so I think you've evened out :)

Jenna Huffman said...

Love your outfit but where is this? The landscape is gorgeous!

rlutz said...

Maybe the chef wanted to cook the fairies and eat them up???