Thursday, January 27, 2011

In With The Old

Blazer, Club Monaco. Jeans, Banana Republic. Sweater, J.Crew. Belt, Eddie Bauer. Purse and sunglasses, street vendors. Wellies, Hunter.
Photo by Seda U.


Back in October, I deemed this photograph unacceptable for the blog: too dark, rainy, and blurry (all due to the elements, not my obliging photographer and friend). The old camera worked decently only in bright daylight, up-close, and it was preferable that I wear bright colors, at least around my face. Now that I've been spoiled with the new camera, this photo doesn't seem so terrible anymore, strangely enough. It looks like a Polaroid or a vintage find from the late 70s or early 80s. Perception is a silly little thing, isn't it?

8 comments:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I definitely think it's a super cool photo.

Alessandra said...

I love it! Outfit is super cute and we have the same wellies, yay!

. said...

I agree - it looks purposefully tainted. :) Still making me wish I'd get myself to BR for some new jeans..

Jo said...

Retro is in! It looks like you applied a filter to the photo. In fact, if you didn't say anything, I would have assumed the graininess was on purpose! :)

Unknown said...

A really good pic of you and your Wellies are perfect for the rain.
Ciao
Allen

Amber said...

i like the coloring in the photo and your boots. Perfect for a rainy day

Cylia said...

nice chic wellies!

Angie said...

I still get pictures like this I mean blurry and dark much to my annoyance!