Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Foolish Fears

Cardigan and skirt, J.Crew. Blouse, Banana Republic. Scarf, Ralph Lauren. Tights, Hue. Wellies, Hunter.
When I planned this outfit, heels were part of the equation. Since it rained all day today, I replaced them with my trusty wellies and a brave face, refusing to get upset about the weather. Mission accomplished! Of course, the temporary contentment left a chemical imbalance in my brain and pretty soon, new peeves set in, filling the void. Real issues this time, like short(er) people in the rain - a threat to anyone unlucky enough to meet their umbrellas at eye level. I'm only 5'6'' and I barely escaped the obstacle course that is downtown Vancouver. Since the rain won't stop and neither will my work engagements, I see no other solution but to don safety goggles and banish my fear of eye gouging (the scariest part of the Oedipal myth, in my opinion). New trend alert! Who's with me?

14 comments:

Curves Ahead lifestyle blogger said...

You outfit is to die for !!! Love the color blocking you got going ;)

Unknown said...

Yellow and electric blue! Just perfect!

Do you like shoes! take part on the GIVEAWAy on my blog!
http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

Lex said...

Lovely colours. I need to get myself a pair of wellies. Its nothing but slush where I am right now

Unknown said...

eye gouging is a serious threat!

p.s. the blue, yellow, and little bit of purple is fantastic!

Jo said...

Would sunglasses help protect your poor peepers? I realize they're likely unnecessary in the notoriously un-sunny Vancouver, but they could save an eye.

Unknown said...

Hi,
There is no problem wearing Wellies with your Outfit,they are quite fashionable in fact a lot of Girls, particularly Scandinavian Girls are wearing them all the time.
Xin Chao
Allen

Erica said...

I'm with you on the goggles. New York is also rainy and those umbrellas are a health hazard! And by health I mean my life.

North Meets South

Anonymous said...

The cobalt blue and bright yellow your wearing should have made the sun come out. I'll have to talk to Mother nature about that, but at least your feet are dry while you wait.


ps. Get goggles and a forehead shield! :)

Gorgeous Glam said...

funny vision you painted, with the goggles! But you look fabulous dear! Wellies are quite fashionable these days! xo

Linda said...

I opened the page and the colors of this outfit just jumped off the screen. What a fun outfit!

The Auspicious Life

Angeline said...

I love that your Wellies can be kept on in the office--so chic!

I have to admit--I'm one of the shorties whose umbrella is always endangering eyes (luckily my husband is way above umbrella height so his eyes aren't in danger--but he gets totally wet from my umbrella drips). Sorry!

Jen HaHA said...

I love that you are all about color on the rainiest of days. A ray of sunshine in a sea of gray and black no doubt. Seattleites tend to scoff at umbrellas, but in my old age I am using them because of the frizz factor and I have some cute ones IMHO. I can't share mine with my hubby because I always poke him. I'm only 4'11" :D

Yeri said...

I love that you wore the same color shirt with skirt. I must confess I had to do a double take, I thought it was a dress!

Ana said...

I love how you work with color! I love colorblocking but I tend to work with less primary/saturated colors. You do a great job with them!