Friday, March 11, 2011

Mystify & Justify

Dress and pumps, Banana Republic. Cardigan, J.Crew. Necklace, thrifted. Belt, H&M.
This ensemble must be confusing for some of you. " Why is she wearing so few colors at once? " asked the author of a popular pseudonymous blog (yeah, you). Well, dear readers, Mrs. Matchy-Matchy here just started a new job and doesn't want to frighten her boss and students. She figures she'll just gradually introduce more craziness so they don't suffer any irreparable damage, whether ocular or psychological. A bright paired with a neutral today will pave the way for yellow tights next week, and maybe one day, a technicolor dreamcoat. Naphtali and Zebulon will be like, so jealous, you guys.

12 comments:

Beverly said...

Cute! It looks very professional but the orange cardigan makes it you. :)

Eugenia Woods said...

Love the orange cardigan!

Anonymous said...

You still colorful and beautiful..so the outfit is a SCORE!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Naphtali and Zebulon hahahahahahaha

TrophyBoutique said...

There's no way you could scare anyone with this adorable outfit. The bow is kind of the opposite of scary...ie cute.

Nice to meet you!

Lexi said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love your style - it kind of reminds me of Emma from Glee's style. (Which I adore.)

You've got a new follower in me!

Cindy said...

Thanks for your super nice comments!
I love your H&M bow belt. Your blog is so cute, and I'm following now. I would really appreciate it if you followed me back :)

Cindy
www.stylesouffle.blogspot.com

Debbie Baker Burns said...

I like the pop of color with the neutrals. The Old Testament humor cracked me up! Love your sense of humor. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

Advice From A Caterpillar said...

That orange color is the BESSST!! I love pop colors for Spring!!! You look fab babe!

xo Advice From a Caterpillar Store
www.adviceABCD.blogspot.com

Angeline said...

COngrats on the new job! It may not be super-colorful, but the cardi and fit make it so you!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Still colourful! And great belt!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Congrats on the new job! I think this outfit is darling.