Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Vulpine Vancouverite

Top, Rendez-Vous by Paul & Joe. Blazer, skirt, and pumps, Banana Republic. Necklace, thrifted. Belt, Joe Fresh.

Whenever I do a sexy pose, my sister will tell me I look like a fox. Judging from the first photograph, I realize she may not mean "foxy" but rather "like an actual fox." Being compared to or nicknamed after animals is not foreign to me, so taking offense seems pointless (past highlights include but are not limited to: deer, gazelle, and... meerkat). What is foreign to this creature is being, feeling, or acting sexy, which you may have noticed from an almost daily parade of constipated expressions. The fox photo was a fluke and by the third one, I was back to my old sheepish self. Can't you see the humility in my eyes and the apologetic wrinkles in my chin? You can't fake that kind of emotion.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's something sort of strange about parading in front of a camera nearly daily to post pictures of ourselves online for all the world to see. i try not to think about it too much or else i become a little to self conscious! looking sexy is a tough job!
love this outfit!

Love at First Shoe said...

Great outfit!! I agree with the comment before mine, looking sexy is a tough job. i battle with my posing daily in front of the camera. I think I frequently look awkward.

Anonymous said...

Sexy poses are hard especially when your naturally silly like me and you..lol I do think you did a better job at sexy then me though! Love the cobalt mini and cute blazer! SEXY chic...maybe?! :)

Beverly said...

cute! love the outfit, i think i told you before but i really like your pair of shoes.

Allison said...

Please do not look for that skirt when I magically remove it from your closet...
I will treat it with great care, I promise.

Miranda said...

Beautiful shade of blue, you look lovely!!

Miranda
www.indcfashion.com

Erin Girard said...

LOVE this top. And I'm sure tomorrow's vintage skirt will be envy-inducing, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile your shoes are great! They lead me to ask something I've always wondered: How comfortable are Banana Republic shoes? Very? Because they are wonderful to the eye.

Lilly Style said...

Fantastic outfit! I've such a hard time posing for pictures...I feel very awkward (haven't been posing much though). You look great in these pictures :)

Yeri said...

Ha! Too funny. I am definitely closer to the "sheepish" end of the spectrum. Baaaa.

PS: LOVE the red necklace with the bright blue skirt. Cute cute cute!

Anonymous said...

Ha--meerkat! That is cute. I've been told I look like a koala...

Oh! I almost forgot. I lovelovelove that shirt!!!