Monday, December 6, 2010

Lemony Snicket

Cardigan, J.Crew. Dress and scarf, H&M. Pumps, Nine West.



Last night I read the first half of a rather sad book (which I will review very soon) and watched Psycho for the fourth or fifth time and let me tell you, I was in a funk. Not because of the notorious shower scene - that's child's play! In fact, I got over that the first time I watched it, at age ten. Think back to Janet Leigh's driving scenes (at night, during the day, in the rain) accompanied by classic Hitchcockian music while thoughts swirl in her head. She imagines what would happen in the office after her departure, what her boyfriend would say when he saw her, and so on. Although mundane compared to being repeatedly stabbed in the shower, the inner turmoil seems a lot more relatable, thus more frightening. But I digress! To exit this aforementioned funk, I scooped up Lemony Snicket's 13 Words, a book that teaches children words such as Haberdashery and Mezzo-Soprano. Naturally, uncontrollable laughter ensued.  



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The color combination is perfect, your outfits always look so ladylike. Plus the scarf just gives it that extra sweetness. Great Remix!

Looks and Books said...

So cute! I love the blue scarf with the lemon cardigan.

Looks & Books

Anne said...

Well the outfit certainly is cheerful! Love the shoes too.

Anonymous said...

Rockin' that ascot like nobody's business!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Love that your outfit is so perfectly lemony snicket-ish. I'll have to check out that book...sounds neat! :)

Angie said...

I wonder what I like most about your blog...the inspired outfits or the way you write. But I don't have to choose ,I guess.

Alessandra said...

Such a bright, pretty look on you! Also, love it that you're a fellow bookworm not just remixer!

. said...

That's what I love about Psycho (and so many other Hitchcock films), it engrosses you in this very real-life psychological drama before slamming you with the visceral horror. PURE ENTERTAINMENT, in my book :D

Love your lemon-yellow cardi. The pockets are divine!

Anonymous said...

i love the combo of the lime green with the blue. 'm in a lime green shirt today and thought of wearing a scarf but didn't!!! i shoudl have! you look lovely :D